LabTech - Technical Support Analyst
% of Travel Required :
Job Type :
Career Level :
Job Description :
LabTech Software is a sister company of ConnectWise through ConnectWise Capital.
The Technical Support Analyst is responsible for interacting directly with LabTech partners, and in certain cases their end users, while performing server, cloud and database technical support. The Technical Support Analysts are an integral part of the 24/7 environment of the LabTech Support Department.
Responsibilities / Essential Duties:
- Document partner interaction, troubleshooting, and results in a clear and concise manner.
- Engages in the application of systems analysis of hardware or software for best practices per LabTech technical documentation, and provides solutions based on diagnosis of the problem. Independently provides and implements solutions based on partner and end user needs.
- Application of systems analysis procedures and consult with customers to determine their software and systems functional applications.
- Analyze, test, and modify partner and end user customer's computer systems based upon their unique design specifications and/or computing environment.
- Collaborate with LabTech Software Development Team in creating future release functionality, bug fixes, patches, and updates.
- Expected to participate in requirement elicitation during Product Requirements and Market Requirements phases of our LabTech Software Development Lifecycle. All Computer Systems Analysts participate by working with the solution-set and feature product managers to outline and provide feedback on function usage cases, expected results, and user personas.
- Expected to participate in yearly "Bug Bash" testing and piloting periods for LabTech Software releases. Work to test and utilize all new features and functions to validate requirements, performance, designs and user experience.
- Interact with partners and end users to provide support via phone, ticket system and chat and answer user inquiries regarding the system.
- Meet posted metrics for performance.
Required Skills / Knowledge:
- Organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to effectively communicate through phone and email is required
- Advanced experience with Microsoft operating systems at the desktop and server level
- Server level technical skills: server builds and administration, setup and support, antivirus management; virtual environment administration
- Ability to work on multiple issues simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work within a team environment as well as work independently, while maintaining a high level of efficiency
Education / Previous Experience:
- Two industry certifications: including, but not limited to, A+, Server+, MCP, MCITP, MCSE, VCP
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences or a related field is preferred
- 2+ years of relevant experience, particularly in an MSP environment
- Experience with Powershell and VBScript is preferred
- Experience with SQL or MySQL is preferred
- Professional office environment
- Some travel may be required
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LabTech Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.